Australian METS companies are set to benefit from a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between METS Ignited and the Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation.
United by a common objective to accelerate the commercialisation of mining innovation into the global mining industry, the MOU will build a framework for facilitating the adoption of emerging technologies coming out of Australia and Canada's mining ecosystems.
The framework will focus on technologies in these areas:
- Mine sustainability or expansion
- Alternative extraction and material transportation
- Mine construction transportation and power generation
- Tailings and waste management
- Water management
- Digitalisation of operations based on analytics, AI, automation and robotics